|Thursday June 7, 2018|
|9:00||Registration and welcome coffee|
|9:45||Opening of the Shopper Brain Conference USA|
Phil McGee, President Decision Breakers
An Introduction to the Shopper's Brain
- What happens in our brains when shopping?
- The shopper's brain online and in-store
- The implications for shopper marketing
Mike Storm, Chief Operations Officer, Neurons Inc
|An Overview of Ferrero's Neuro-Lessons
- What can neuroscience offer in order to increase brand performance at the point of sale?
- How can neuroscience enhance the category management approach?
- What communication messages work best?
Enrique Strelow, Head of Shopper Neuroscience, Ferrero Germany
|IMPROVE SHOPPER EXPERIENCES|
Turning the Shopping Experience on its Head
|What Shoppers Want
- How to boost sales by just listening better to what shoppers are saying
- What brands can do to reach people's hearts
Alastair Herbert, Founder LinguaBrand
SHOPPER BRAIN TESTING
|2:00||Do Other Shopper Brains Think Like Me?|
- Measure shopper engagement using neural similarity from EEG data
- Compare and contrast brains of different shoppers (female/male, younger/older, conservative/liberal, etc.)
- Apply research insights to optimize advertisements for specific audiences
Prof. Sam Barnett, Engineering Sciences & Applied Mathematics, Northwestern University
New: In-Store A/B testing|
- Using eye-tracking and EEG data to effectively compare two in-store situations
- How a Dutch telco created a completely adaptable store with walls made out of screens: a new and great test-bed for real life experiments.
Coen Olde Olthof, CEO, Alpha.One
- A new behavioral psychology model to understand shopper's motives
- How to best interact with shoppers, taking these behavioral lessons into account
Daryll Scott, Director of Human Technology, LAB
|4:15||How to Create Happy Customers: Walmart's Pro-Social Marketing|
- The demands of customers today regarding corporate social responsibility
- Consequences for marketers
- How Walmart successfully changed its business model for a more happy and loyal customer base
Om Marwah, Head of Behavioral Science, Walmart
|4:45||Wrap-up & Networking Drinks|
Wining, dining, and meeting new colleagues and peers.
Friday June 8, 2018
|9:00||Registration and welcome coffee|
WILLINGNESS TO PAY
The Price is Right
- Using reaction time measurement to understand price perception
- Quantifying perceived risk, perceived fairness and appropriateness of a product price on an implicit level
- Applying reaction time measures Germany's largest online gift shops
Steffen Schmidt, Knowledge Analyst, LINK Institut
Ephraim Jeff Bander, Chief Revenue Officer, eye square
What is the Real Price Consumers are Willing to Pay for Your Product?
- Determine the financial value of the different attributes of a product
- Identify the real optimal price and to model the effects of price increases or decreases
Timothy Desmet, Founder, Profacts
National Geographic Magazine|
Effective Packaging: From Stores to the Streets
- How do creative elements of the cover correlate to sales?
- Does the new branding drive higher emotional engagement?
- What design best practices can National Geographic learn from previous top-selling covers in order to guide future cover development?
David Friedlander, Vice President Consumer Insights, National Geographic
Dr. Carl Marci, Chief Neuroscientist, Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience
|12:15||Out Of The Box: |
A Crossmodal Perspective on Retail Atmospherics and Acoustical Design
- The latest research into the ways sound influences shopper behavior
- Information and inspiration how sound and acoustical design can be applied effectively
Steve Keller, CEO, iV
ONLINE AND MOBILE SHOPPING|
The Brain Science of Haptic Feedback|
- Non conscious effects of haptics
- Impact of different haptic executions: low and high intensity
- Best practices that will dictate the future of rich physical human-computer interactions.
Diana Lucaci, Founder/CEO, True Impact
The Gamified Retail Experience
|APPLYING SCIENTIFIC INSIGHTS INTO SUCCESSFUL CREATIVE WORK|
|3:15||Intuition and Creative Problem-Solving in Shopper Marketing|
- Highlight practical examples of how introducing behavioral science insights into marketing strategy can help to create intuitive choices for shoppers
- Show how to reinforce these strategies with copy and art techniques grounded in neuroscience (e.g., neuroaesthetics) to boost engagement
Neil Adler, Founder and Creative Strategist, Neurofire Consulting
Win the Share of Emotion Without Spending Big|
- Five core brand design execution principles
- Best in class (cheap) examples from across the world that showcase how businesses can better appeal to the subconscious
Andrew Piper, Co-founder & Creative Director, Rare Design